HomeHome  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

How can I become a cop in PA?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DeWayneT

PostSubject: How can I become a cop in PA?   Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:47 am

I am 16 years old. I want to be a officer. I live in PA. I really want to be an officer. How can I become one?
Back to top Go down
Badge101

PostSubject: Re: How can I become a cop in PA?   Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:40 am

You should learn as much as you can, and get the best grades that you can while in school. After high school, you should attend college if at all possible. If you can, earn a four year degree. The more college you have, the better! Many police departments require their officers to have college. Also, having a degree will help you get promoted after you become a police officer.

In Pennsylvania, the police academy (Act 120 Training) consists of over 700 hours of instruction / training. There are several municipal police academies in Pennsylvania. They are operated by colleges or universities or large police departments. If you qualify, you can enroll in the training. The tuition is usually approximately $4,000. Some police departments will hire you, and then send you to the academy. They would pay for you to attend the academy, and pay you while you were in the academy. You should consider becoming a Pennsylvania State Police Trooper.

Visit the websites of some larger police departments in the state and visit the Pennsylvania State Police website. There are law enforcement officer jobs in Pennsylvania other than state or local police officer positions that might interest you. For example, waterways conservation officer, wildlife conservation officer, constable, or deputy sheriff. You could also become a police officer employed by the federal government working in Pennsylvania such as a Department of Veterans Affairs Police Officer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SWAT

PostSubject: Re: How can I become a cop in PA?   Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:52 pm

Badge101 gave great info. I would get a bachelor degree, then apply with some of the bigger depts. in PA. Let them send you to the academy to save some cash!
Back to top Go down
Trooper

PostSubject: Re: How can I become a cop in PA?   Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:14 pm

Consider the Pennsylvania State Police!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How can I become a cop in PA?   

Back to top Go down

How can I become a cop in PA?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-