HomeHome  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

What do agencies really consider to be theft?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Realtor670

PostSubject: What do agencies really consider to be theft?   Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:45 am

I am asking this question, because there was an issue when I worked at Burger King that resulted in a write-up for breaking the rules.

I work at Taco Bell now and they can really care less if we take something to eat here and there since we are there all day.

When I was at Burger King, they usually didn't care if we would eat something on break without paying for it, so that is why I didn't think it would be a problem. One day after my shift I took a couple buns and threw some veggies on them and left because I was in a hurry, and they saw me making it and walking out and didn't even say anything. The problem was we had new management and they took it a little too seriously, and I was kind of pissed that they had the nerve to write me up for that when they would give away free stuff to their friends. Anyway, with my employee discount I figured it probably would have cost me about 70 cents for the sandwich. So to be honest with all that happened prior, I didn't really think I was even stealing at the time I took it.

I know they ask about theft, but don't they really think more about theft of cash, or expensive merchandise from a department store or something? Some people that are brutal told me it would be a big deal, but others have told me that they would most likely just laugh about something like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WOLF

PostSubject: Re: What do agencies really consider to be theft?   Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:03 am

If what you did was against the rules, then it would be considered theft. Minor maybe, but still theft. This is very common at restaurants. Most restaurants assume a certain amount of loss because of this, and it does add up if everyone is regularly doing it. Some departments would probably consider this a bigger deal than others would. This is common, and background investigators probably hear your explanation regularly.
Back to top Go down
Realtor670

PostSubject: Re: What do agencies really consider to be theft?   Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:37 am

I guess it is theft, but I personally don't think it is serious. I think a more serious common problem is bartenders stealing cash, which has happened a lot in recent years.

I'm relieved to hear that it is a common thing that they get from restaurant workers. I cannot think of one fast food employee who hasn't taken anything without permission.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do agencies really consider to be theft?   

Back to top Go down

What do agencies really consider to be theft?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-