HomeHome  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Jail Guard or Security Guard?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
WVU

PostSubject: Jail Guard or Security Guard?   Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:18 am

I think I have a pretty good shot at getting a part-time jail guard job or a part-time unarmed security officer job with a well known company. Which one would look better on police officer job applications. I just graduated college, and there aren't really any police officer jobs open around here so I'm going to take something else for now. Hopefully I can become an officer. Neither job offers benefits. The jail guard job pays only a little more.
Back to top Go down
MattP

PostSubject: Re: Jail Guard or Security Guard?   Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:46 pm

Take the security officer job. Being a jail guard sucks! I was one for 4 years. It is not an easy job, and you deal with the worst of society on an everyday basis!
Back to top Go down
J

PostSubject: Re: Jail Guard or Security Guard?   Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:58 pm

They security job would probably be way easier, but in my humble opinion, you would get better experience as a jail guard. It is a tough job though.
Back to top Go down
SR

PostSubject: Re: Jail Guard or Security Guard?   Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:51 am

Take the jail job if you can handle it. You have to keep a good reputation if you do. If you get a bad rep as a guard, you'll have a hard time getting a police officer job down the road. I know a lot of guards that want to be police officers but haven't been hired due to their rep. Good luck Exclamation
Back to top Go down
PaulyT

PostSubject: Re: Jail Guard or Security Guard?   Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:36 am

Don't take the jail guard job. I was a correctional officer for three years. It sucked! I mean sucked bad! You'll get experience, but I don't think it is worth it. You have to put up with too much sh.t, and if you don't get support from your supervisors it is even worse. I respect COs, but I wouldn't try to persuade someone to become one!
Back to top Go down
Michelle

PostSubject: Re: Jail Guard or Security Guard?   Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:07 pm

I have much respect for jail guards. They provide a valuable service! My uncle was a jail guard for 20 years Very Happy
Back to top Go down
B

PostSubject: Re: Jail Guard or Security Guard?   Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:29 pm

I think they both have the potential to look either good or bad. Choose the job you would rather do, and do a good job so you get a good recommendation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jail Guard or Security Guard?   

Back to top Go down

Jail Guard or Security Guard?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-