HomeHome  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Work History (is it bad)?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Packers

PostSubject: Work History (is it bad)?   Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:17 pm

I will be having a background investigation check done shortly. I have great references from jobs, family, friends, etc. so I am not worried about that. My educational background is great also. I just pretty much have a traffic ticket that's almost two years old anyway and an expunged summary offense.

I only held two jobs. My first job was as a manager at a restaurant. I worked there for 3 years. I did a really good job and everyone liked me. I did a stupid thing and played some recreational sports off the clock by while at work. It wouldn't have cost me a job, probably just a write up but I left to avoid any investigation. Plus, it was really just conflicting with school. I was attending college. No other disciplinary problems there.

My only other job was just for about 9 months at another restaurant and I left after seeing an employee. I found out why you shouldn't date at work. It was extremely uncomfortable but I really liked the girl. This was against policy as well.

Oh, I did an internship with a P.D. also. That went well. No problems!

I haven't worked in over a year and half but went to the police academy. I have been taking many tests across the state and also in different states. I am trying to get something right now to hold me over. Maybe just stocking. I know I will have to explain the work gap but other than that, how does it sound???

Doesn't sound terrific to me but not awful. I didn't have 6 jobs in a year or anything.

And it's best to tell them just how I have wrote it on here, correct?
Back to top Go down
Traffic

PostSubject: Re: Work History (is it bad)?   Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:18 pm

That's 2 jobs, 2 bad scenarios. Not fired at least! You'll probably be OK??
Back to top Go down
Packers

PostSubject: Re: Work History (is it bad)?   Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:35 pm

I hope so. I still have good references from both job and I am hoping my hard work will be weighed into the equation. I was never late, never called out, and always had good customer service.

I have wanted to be a police officer my entire life and I try to think about my actions beforehand. I never thought what I was doing was awful and some people were fine with it. But once the wrong people hear about it....not good.

With the sports thing, I worked with a lot of 15-16 year olds and it was just an incentive I gave them in my final year. Tried to have fun. I made sure no one was on the clock at least.
Back to top Go down
Peanut

PostSubject: Re: Work History (is it bad)?   Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:21 am

I had a worse job history than that when I got hired.
Back to top Go down
Jets

PostSubject: Re: Work History (is it bad)?   Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:45 am

It is not too bad, but it is sort of a pattern of not following rules at work.
Back to top Go down
Packers

PostSubject: Re: Work History (is it bad)?   Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:08 pm

Yeah, I understand. It's just unfortunate. I really thought I had good work history with my first job. I stayed for 3 years and was promoted twice during that time. I know some people who had about 3-4 jobs after their first because they did not like it. My immediate manager did not care what I did, just people higher. I guess I thought it was an icentive since I worked with a lot of 15-16 year olds. "If you work hard and we get done early, we can play .... while you are waiting for the bus." Sometimes, because of child labor laws, I was working 16 hours, opening and closing the restaurant. My idea worked, just not the best decision.

The second job I just hated. I stayed because I met a girl and we really liked each other.

I think I am just hoping they will look at my work performance and, also, my education. I went to a catholic High School and College, did extremely well (won a lot of awards) and had no disciplinary problems.

Oh, well, it is what is I guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Work History (is it bad)?   

Back to top Go down

Work History (is it bad)?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-