HomeHome  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Does past marijuana usage disqualify you?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CHRIS09

PostSubject: Does past marijuana usage disqualify you?   Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:54 pm

My dream more than anything is to become a police officer one day. I found out I wanted to do this just this past year. I'm 19 and in college. I plan to get a degree in Business. I used to smoke for about a year when I was 18, but when I realized this was what I wanted to do, I quit. I never did anything else(no pills, no coke, no hard drugs). I never got in trouble for it, or anything else. But I'm guessing when I'm ready to apply, I'll be around 5-6 years clean. I know that different departments have different standards, but for the cops that answer this, I would like to know if I'd be applicable for their department. I live in California btw.
Back to top Go down
Lt

PostSubject: Re: Does past marijuana usage disqualify you?   Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:54 pm

I'm not in California, but my department would not hire you.
Back to top Go down
CHRIS09

PostSubject: Re: Does past marijuana usage disqualify you?   Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:06 pm

I see. What are the standards for your department? And just curious, where are you an officer at?
Back to top Go down
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Does past marijuana usage disqualify you?   Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:44 am

Most of the police departments in California seem to not automatically disqualify applicants if they haven't used marijuana within 3 years. Below is the Oxnard Police Department's guidelines for applicants. With these guidelines, you could qualify.

*Sales of marijuana, drug or narcotic as an adult. WILL DISQUALIFY YOU
*Use of any hallucinogenic. MAY DISQUALIFY YOU
*Experimentation, extensive or prolonged use of any illegal narcotic within the last three years. WILL DISQUALIFY YOU
*Experimentation, extensive or prolonged use of any illegal drug within the last three years. WILL DISQUALIFY YOU
*Experimentation, extensive or prolonged use of marijuana within the last year. WILL DISQUALIFY YOU
*Extensive or prolonged alcohol abuse without intervention within the last three years. WILL DISQUALIFY YOU
*Experimentation, extensive or prolonged use of steroids within the last three years. MAY DISQUALIFY YOU
*Knowingly remaining in a place where marijuana, illegal drugs or illegal narcotics are used or sold. MAY DISQUALIFY YOU
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does past marijuana usage disqualify you?   

Back to top Go down

Does past marijuana usage disqualify you?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-