HomeHome  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Charged with Vandalism at Age 16 (Can I Become a Police Officer?)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
OSU

PostSubject: Charged with Vandalism at Age 16 (Can I Become a Police Officer?)   Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:35 pm

When I was 16 I was charged with vandalism for breaking windows in an abandoned building. I had to go to court and me and my parents had to pay for the damage. I was also told I was put on probation for 1 year. Me and my friends did this some other times when I was 15 or 16 but we weren't caught. I tried weed a couple times and drank underage some times, but I don't think any more then the average kid. I've had a couple speeding tickets since I've been driving. That's about it. I'm now 24, and really want to become a police officer. Would the vandalism be a big problem for me? I'm thinking about going to a police academy.
Back to top Go down
Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Charged with Vandalism at Age 16 (Can I Become a Police Officer?)   Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:44 pm

It could be a problem, but since the crimes probably weren't felonies, and since you were a juvenile at the time, and since it has been several years since, you shouldn't worry too much Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: Charged with Vandalism at Age 16 (Can I Become a Police Officer?)   Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:15 pm

That kind of behavior certainly doesn't look good, and can cause you to have to wait longer than you would have otherwise. However, I agree with the other poster. Based on what you wrote, you shouldn't have much of a problem. Many factors are taken into account when a police department is considering you for a position. Good luck, and keep us posted!
Back to top Go down
Mike

PostSubject: Re: Charged with Vandalism at Age 16 (Can I Become a Police Officer?)   Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:50 am

From my experience, I think you'll be OK.
Back to top Go down
SWAT

PostSubject: Re: Charged with Vandalism at Age 16 (Can I Become a Police Officer?)   Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:49 am

I was cited for slicing a car's tires when I was 15. It was stupid. Luckily, it didn't affect me becoming a police officer. I didn't try to become an officer until I was 26 though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charged with Vandalism at Age 16 (Can I Become a Police Officer?)   

Back to top Go down

Charged with Vandalism at Age 16 (Can I Become a Police Officer?)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-