HomeHome  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

Good background, bad credit!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
C-Town

PostSubject: Good background, bad credit!   Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:34 pm

I'm 19. I have a good background with no criminal history. I only tried weed one time and haven't used any other drugs. I have a ged and am going to start college next semester. My concern is my credit. I screwed up the last couple of years by not paying my 2 credit cards for a long time. I just didn't think it was such a big deal at the time. I am going to college for 2 years for sure. After that i want to apply to some police departments. Coul I still get hired?
Back to top Go down
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: Good background, bad credit!   Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:26 pm

Having bad credit can certainly cause you problems. Police departments are ofter very reluctant to hire someone with bad credit. In my opinion, owing a lot of money can be more of a problem than your credit score. Credit can be improved over time. Go to http://www.peaceofficerjobs.com/credit.html for some good advice about how to improve your credit. Stick with the college, and do well! Keep us posted!
Back to top Go down
Brett

PostSubject: Re: Good background, bad credit!   Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:56 am

My credit was pretty crappy when I was applying for police jobs. I finally did get hired though!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good background, bad credit!   Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:44 pm

I had bad credit. But when I was hired by my department I didn't owe anyone any money. All my bills were paid, and I had a small amount of money saved at the time. So that helped.
Back to top Go down
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Good background, bad credit!   Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:34 am

My credit is bad, and I have a good bit of debt. I haven't been able to get hired. I was turned down by 2 departments already. I just took a written test for another one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good background, bad credit!   

Back to top Go down

Good background, bad credit!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-