HomeHome  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums

Share | 

bad past good present and future

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kokalols

PostSubject: bad past good present and future   Sun May 24, 2009 12:43 am

I have started my second week in college and going for an A.S in criminal justice. I have had a bad past and it has only been a month since I decided to be a police officer in hopes to be a homicide detective. I was charged with assult in 2001 and 1 dui in 2002. I also was charged with driving under a suspended license in 2003. I have smoked a great amount of marijuana and done a great amount of cocaine too. I have done acid twice and extacy 4 times in 2000 and twice in 2006. I haven't touched any drug since jan 2009. Glad to say I just got my license back and now as I said going to school. Should I just drop out of school or should I strive to get my degree. I'm staying clean not only to be a police officer but for myself. even if it's 5 years down the road will I still be eligible for hire? I am also a christian and believe this is what god called me to do. I also believe even though I had a bad past, if I work hard enough for my dream, it will come to pass. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
kokalols

PostSubject: Re: bad past good present and future   Sun May 24, 2009 12:47 am

I forgot to say that I just turned 28.
Back to top Go down
Lt

PostSubject: Re: bad past good present and future   Tue May 26, 2009 11:17 pm

You could become a police officer at some point. You would have a better chance in about ten years. However, my agency would still not hire you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bad past good present and future   

Back to top Go down

bad past good present and future

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Peaceofficerjobs.com - Police Jobs and How to Become a Police Officer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peaceofficerjobs.com Forums :: Questions About Law Enforcement Officer Jobs-